Can I store a vehicle in a storage space?
We do not specifically cater for vehicles, but you can store your vehicle if the space is, for example, a garage and the Host allows you to do so.
Can I use the space as a workshop?
The main purpose of spaces listed on our site is for storage. However, you can enquire directly with the Host using our messenger function as to whether they allow their space to be used as a workshop.
Can I store items in a garage or lock-up?
Yes, as long as your Host is fine with this. Many Hosts will have shelves, racks or cabinets in their garage and will list their space so people can store stuff in there.
What happens if my vehicle is damaged whilst parked?
This will depend on the type of vehicle insurance you have. Some plans don’t cover damage in garages while others do not cover any damage when parked.
I was unable to park. Can I get a refund?
If you were unable to park for whatever reason, gather as much supporting evidence as you can, including photos, and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How much can I make renting out space?
Your earnings will depend on what kind of space you have and where it's located. You can list the space and see the monthly price suggested for the type of space.
What is the Notice Period?
The User (Host or Renter) needs to provide at least 1 month's notice to end their booking unless it has a fixed end time.
Does Cubbiq charge a fee?
Listing the space on Cubbiq is free of charge, while all the bookings have a Service Fee. The fee is included in the rental price paid by the Renter. In this way, the Host is not charged directly.
How to reset my password?
If you forgot your password or have trouble logging in to your account, reset your password by contacting us at email@example.com, and we'll get you back in no time!
How can I rent out storage safely during the COVID-19 pandemic?
To decrease the COVID-19 spread and keep yourself safe please follow these simple rules:
- Wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth when in public places.
- Keep the distance with people outside of your household.
- Often wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Reschedule your meetings and activities if you don’t feel well. Do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to update your reservation.
What are forbidden items for storage?
It is forbidden to store the following items under any circumstances:
- toxic, hazardous, polluted, radioactive or contaminated goods;
- firearms, munitions, weapons or explosives;
- radioactive materials;
- flammable or hazardous goods including petrol, gas, oil, paint, white spirit or lighter fluid;
- living or dead plants, animals, insects, fungus or bacteria;
- foods and drinks including fruit, vegetables, meat or cheese;
- damp, mouldy, rotten or infested items damaged by parasites;
- items emitting fumes or strong smell, producing gas or leaking liquid;
- cash and securities;
- illegal goods including drugs or stolen property;
- items creating noise, generating heat, or increasing in size
- liquid of any type;
- or any item whose storage invalidates insurance policy that otherwise covers the items or the Storage Space.
About storage in garages
At Cubbiq you can rent a garage or lock-up for a variety of uses. You can use it to store your belongings, your vehicles, or even use them as workshops, provided your Host is fine with this arrangement.
You probably know what a garage is, but what exactly is a lock-up? If you Google this term, one of the definitions is “a jail, especially a temporary one”. So will you be renting storage space in a prison? No, no, nothing like that. Don’t be silly and ridiculous. Just sign our booking agreement and stop with the questions, please.
Jokes aside, a lock-up is typically a garage located separately from residential buildings. Sometimes they are even referred to as “lock-up garages”.
Some Hosts may have shelves, racks and cabinets in their garage or lock-up so they can store things in them. Here is your chance to take advantage of this!
For those looking to park their vehicles in their Host’s garage, you’re also in luck, since rental fees are likely to be cheaper than for most parking spaces in Singapore.