What can I store in an office space?
You can store anything you want — apart from things on our prohibited items list — provided you’ve rented enough space for them. However, we recommend that you and the Host agree on what you’ll store before moving your stuff in.
Are office spaces a safe place to store my belongings?
You can view the security features of the space on our platform before you make a booking. Typical features for an office may include fire alarms, security alarms, air conditioners and lockable doors.
What is the difference between storing my stuff in an office space and a residential space?
The main difference will be related to access — an office space may be more difficult to access on weekdays and residential spaces more difficult to access on weekends and evenings when everyone is home.
Elevators in an office building may also be an issue if you’re looking to move larger items in.
How can I enquire about an office space I’m interested in?
You can connect with the Host using our messenger function before making a booking request. Simply click the “Send message” button on a listing.
Can I rent an office space to use as… an office?
Our platform is mainly designed to connect Hosts with Renters looking for storage space.
How much can I make renting out space?
Your earnings will depend on what kind of space you have and where it's located. You can list the space and see the monthly price suggested for the type of space.
What is the Notice Period?
The User (Host or Renter) needs to provide at least 1 month's notice to end their booking unless it has a fixed end time.
Does Cubbiq charge a fee?
Listing the space on Cubbiq is free of charge, while all the bookings have a Service Fee. The fee is included in the rental price paid by the Renter. In this way, the Host is not charged directly.
How to reset my password?
If you forgot your password or have trouble logging in to your account, reset your password by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll get you back in no time!
How can I rent out storage safely during the COVID-19 pandemic?
To decrease the COVID-19 spread and keep yourself safe please follow these simple rules:
- Wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth when in public places.
- Keep the distance with people outside of your household.
- Often wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Reschedule your meetings and activities if you don’t feel well. Do not hesitate to contact email@example.com if you’d like to update your reservation.
What are forbidden items for storage?
It is forbidden to store the following items under any circumstances:
- toxic, hazardous, polluted, radioactive or contaminated goods;
- firearms, munitions, weapons or explosives;
- radioactive materials;
- flammable or hazardous goods including petrol, gas, oil, paint, white spirit or lighter fluid;
- living or dead plants, animals, insects, fungus or bacteria;
- foods and drinks including fruit, vegetables, meat or cheese;
- damp, mouldy, rotten or infested items damaged by parasites;
- items emitting fumes or strong smell, producing gas or leaking liquid;
- cash and securities;
- illegal goods including drugs or stolen property;
- items creating noise, generating heat, or increasing in size
- liquid of any type;
- or any item whose storage invalidates insurance policy that otherwise covers the items or the Storage Space.
About storage in offices
If you’re running a business, your storage space needs may not be quite large enough to require warehouse space, but at the same time, renting a larger office may be cost-prohibitive.
This is when our services come in handy, as we have office spaces listed on our site that allow you to store your items somewhere close to you.
How convenient renting an office space is compared to a residential space will depend on several things, mainly the office building itself. Older or smaller office buildings may not have elevator space for larger items, while newer buildings may be harder to get into due to stricter security. Make sure you discuss these things with your Host through our messenger function.
Access to your belongings may be an issue, especially during working hours on weekdays, when everyone is in the office. Other office buildings may close after certain hours. Renting a shipping container, outhouse or shed or even garage may be preferable for you if you need constant access to your items.