What are the advantages of storing my items in a shipping container?
How does over 600 million tonnes of cargo make it across the oceans to Singapore every year? Shipping containers are watertight, protected from the elements and able to be insulated or ventilated very easily. They are an excellent way to keep larger items safe from sun, rain and extreme weather.
Will it be difficult to access my belongings?
The Host will likely pass over the keys you need. A shipping container used as storage space is also likely to have been converted into something similar to an office with a lockable front door.
Will my items be affected by rust?
The inside of the shipping container is unlikely to rust if it is properly ventilated. Make sure you clarify this point with the Host and arrange a viewing if possible.
Do I need insurance?
We recommend that you get insurance for your belongings, as Cubbiq does not provide this.
Even so, we provide a Protection Guarantee to pay an amount in compensation for loss or damage of property, subject to our Terms and Conditions.
When can I access the shipping container during the day?
The advantage of storing your items in a shipping container is that you’re unlikely to be bothering anyone whenever you enter the premises, since containers are usually standalone structures. You can likely access your items at any time during the day without problems.
How much can I make renting out space?
Your earnings will depend on what kind of space you have and where it's located. You can list the space and see the monthly price suggested for the type of space.
What is the Notice Period?
The User (Host or Renter) needs to provide at least 1 month's notice to end their booking unless it has a fixed end time.
Does Cubbiq charge a fee?
Listing the space on Cubbiq is free of charge, while all the bookings have a Service Fee. The fee is included in the rental price paid by the Renter. In this way, the Host is not charged directly.
How to reset my password?
If you forgot your password or have trouble logging in to your account, reset your password by contacting us at email@example.com, and we'll get you back in no time!
How can I rent out storage safely during the COVID-19 pandemic?
To decrease the COVID-19 spread and keep yourself safe please follow these simple rules:
- Wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth when in public places.
- Keep the distance with people outside of your household.
- Often wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Reschedule your meetings and activities if you don’t feel well. Do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to update your reservation.
What are forbidden items for storage?
It is forbidden to store the following items under any circumstances:
- toxic, hazardous, polluted, radioactive or contaminated goods;
- firearms, munitions, weapons or explosives;
- radioactive materials;
- flammable or hazardous goods including petrol, gas, oil, paint, white spirit or lighter fluid;
- living or dead plants, animals, insects, fungus or bacteria;
- foods and drinks including fruit, vegetables, meat or cheese;
- damp, mouldy, rotten or infested items damaged by parasites;
- items emitting fumes or strong smell, producing gas or leaking liquid;
- cash and securities;
- illegal goods including drugs or stolen property;
- items creating noise, generating heat, or increasing in size
- liquid of any type;
- or any item whose storage invalidates insurance policy that otherwise covers the items or the Storage Space.
About storage in shipping containers
Every year, millions of shipping containers around the world make hundreds of millions of trips across seas and oceans. Such is consumerism and overconsumption nowadays. That’s partly why we’re here — to help connect owners of unused space with people who need it for their stuff so that millions of square feet more of self-storage facilities don’t have to be built.
Shameless self-promotion aside, shipping containers were made to withstand extreme weather conditions out at sea, so they’re great for storage uses as they’re watertight, protected from the elements, and able to be insulated or ventilated very easily.
Shipping containers are perfect places to store heavy boxed items, furniture and household items, business stock and office equipment or even construction equipment if you have any.
Hosts of shipping containers on our site are most likely to have converted their space into an office-like standalone structure, complete with a lockable front door and possibly even air conditioning. This means that you can access the space at any time without having to tiptoe around, trying not to disturb anyone.