Terms and Conditions of Cubbiq
1. General Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions form a legally binding agreement between you ("you", "your", the "User", the "Host" or the "Renter") and Cubbiq ("we", "us", "our", or the "Company") which governs your use of this Site (the "Site") and the services provided.
By providing details to the Site or using any services provided by Cubbiq ("Services") in any way, the User agrees to be bound by the following terms and conditions, to inform about all Bookings undertaken, and to pay the required fees.
If the User does not accept all the Terms and Conditions they must not use or access the Site. The Company reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time without notice. The User is required to read and accept Terms and Conditions, including any changes, each time they use the Site.
The Company provides Services that help the exchange of Bookings between Site users. "Booking" is the arrangement of private storage space by Site users advertising their space ("Hosts") to users storing items in such space ("Renters"). The Company’s principal function is to provide advertising space. The Company is not a property broker or a rental agent.
The services provided by Cubbiq are not available to and can not be used by persons under the age of 18 years. Please do not use the Services unless you qualify. Registering as a business entity and agreeing to these Terms and Conditions the User states that they have the authority to bind that business entity to these Terms and Conditions.
Cubbiq uses the following terms on its Site. Please read them carefully before using the Services.
Host is the person advertising via the Site and providing a Storage Space to the Renter to store their items.
Renter is the person paying the Price and using a Storage Space to store items belonging to them or under their control.
Booking is an arrangement made between two Users for items' storage.
Booking Agreement is a standard contract for a Booking supplied by the Company for signature by a Host and a Renter. A Booking is made once a Booking Agreement is completed and signed by both parties.
Fee is the total amount paid by the Renter for a Booking and includes the Price plus the Company’s commission.
Commission is an amount of money equal to a percentage of the Fee that is charged by the Company for its services.
Guarantee is the guarantee of compensation for loss or damage provided to Signatories by the Company. The conditions, limitations and exclusions of the compensation are set in these Terms and Conditions.
Listing Address is the address of the premises containing the Storage Space which is the subject of a Booking. The Listing Address is recorded in the Booking Agreement as a postal address.
Payment Manager is a third-party electronic payment system suggested for use by the Company to Users on the Site.
Price is the amount of money charged by the Host for use of the Storage Space.
Prohibited Items are items that can not be stored in the Storage Space under these Terms and Conditions under any circumstances.
Qualifying Loss is loss or damage which occurred during the Booking period and was done to the items owned by the Renter and stored at the Listing Address and claimed by the Renter or to the structure, fixtures and/or fittings of the premises owned by the Host once claimed by a Renter or a Host.
Registration Details is the information used to identify each unique User, including their identification number, email address and/or phone number.
Signatory is a signatory to a Booking Agreement. A Signatory may be either a Renter or a Host.
Storage Space is the physical space at the Listing Address where items are stored under a Booking Agreement.
Stored Goods are the goods and items to be stored under a Booking.
Structural Damage is a damage of any kind to the structure, fixtures and fittings of the premises.
Structural Damage Incident is an incident causing Structural Damage to the Storage Space. The Company reserves all rights to determine what can be called a Structural Damage Incident and what was the cause of such Incident.
User is a user of the Site and the services provided by Cubbiq.
3. General Obligations
To register with the Site the User should complete the sign-up process which constitutes the "Registration Details" of your User account.
Any Cubbiq user is fully responsible for all activity carried out on the Site. If you discover or suspect that any personal details provided to the Site being known or used by a third party without authorisation, you must get in touch with Cubbiq staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Company provides a template Booking Agreement on the Site for the Users. The template contains all the details of each Booking. All Users making a Booking must fill in the Booking Agreement details and provide the Company with a signed copy both by the Host and Renter. The finalized Booking Agreement can be sent via email to email@example.com.
The Company receiving a copy of the Booking Agreement signed by both parties within seven days of the actual Booking is a condition for the Guarantee provided by the Company. The failure to comply invalidates the Guarantee.
4. Prohibited Items
It is forbidden to store the following items under a Booking under any circumstances:
- toxic, hazardous, polluted, radioactive or contaminated goods;
- firearms, munitions, weapons or explosives;
- radioactive materials;
- flammable or hazardous goods including petrol, gas, oil, paint, white spirit or lighter fluid;
- living or dead plants, animals, insects, fungus or bacteria;
- foods and drinks including fruit, vegetables, meat or cheese;
- damp, mouldy, rotten or infested items damaged by parasites;
- items emitting fumes or strong smell, producing gas or leaking liquid;
- cash and securities;
- illegal goods including drugs or stolen property;
- items creating noise, generating heat, or increasing in size;
- liquid of any type;
- or any item whose storage invalidates insurance policy that otherwise covers the items or the Storage Space.
5. Additional obligations of the Host
The Host provides details of the Storage Space, as well as the conditions of storage, on the Site listing page. The description should include text, graphics, pictures and other relevant content and details about the size, location, security, and access of the Storage Space.
The provided descriptions and information should be accurate, up-to-date, truthful and complete.
If the Storage Space becomes unavailable for any reason, the Host should inform the company about the suspension of the listing.
The Host is expected to comply with the access and security information set out in the Booking Agreement.
The Host provides equal security precautions when it comes to the Stored Goods as the Host does with their property at the same premises and puts efforts to protect and maintain the security of the Stored Goods and ensure them staying undisturbed.
If the Host terminates the Booking early for reasons not listed in Terms and Conditions they should give notice to the Company and the Renter in line with the Cubbiq Cancellations & Refunds Policy. In that case, the Company has the right to suspend the account of the User terminating a Booking Agreement without proper reason.
The Host must be legally permitted to advertise the Storage Space on the Site and take full responsibility for making the Storage Space available to other people.
6. Additional obligations of the Renter
The Renter agrees to pay the Fee promptly and fully using the Company’s Payment Manager.
The Renter agrees to offer reasonable compensation to the Host in the unlikely case of damage to the Storage Space and/or Listing Address caused by the Stored Goods or by any negligent act or omission of the Renter. Reasonable compensation would mean paying for reasonable repairs, or replacement where the Storage Space and/or Listing Address or part thereof is damaged beyond repair.
The Renter agrees to use the Storage Space for the temporary storage of Stored Goods under these Terms and Conditions and not use it for any other purpose, or make any permanent physical changes to it, or do anything that will interfere with the Host’s reasonable use of the rest of the premises.
The Renter agrees to remove the Stored Goods from the Storage Space upon the Host's request if the Host or the Company has provided the Renter with notice according to the Cubbiq Cancellations & Refunds policy.
7. Fees and terms of payment
The Company does not charge a Fee for listing a Storage Space and/or enquiring to store items with the Host.
All financial transactions between Users on the Site are processed by the Payment Manager. By using the Payment Manager, the User confirms that they have read and agree to the Terms and Conditions applying to the Payment Manager.
The Fee comprises the Price (paid to the Host) and the Commission (paid to the Company). The Commission is set at 20% of the Fee (plus VAT) for Monthly Rolling Bookings.
All Users hereby agree that all Fees and Charges for all Bookings will be transacted via the Payment Manager. Under no circumstances can the Host accept payments related to a Booking in cash or via direct bank transfer or another means of payment.
Once the booking is made the funds will be held in the account, but not charged until the booking is confirmed. The Renter is charged for the first month when the Host confirms the Booking and continuously every month on the same date until the end of the Booking Agreement.
Under no circumstances should the Renter offer or attempt to pay for a Booking other than via the Payment Manager.
Any violation of this kind may result in the deletion of the User's account and a claim by the Company against the User for the Commission that would have been paid to the Company had the Booking been conducted under these Terms and Conditions.
If the Renter fails to pay the Fee on their due date, the Company or the Host may deny him/her access to the Storage Space and/or Listing Address as well as move the Stored Goods at its discretion.
If the Renter fails to pay the Fee in full within 30 days, the Company may issue a written notice via the email or postal address provided in the Booking Agreement stating that the Company or Host intend to sell the Stored Goods within 10 days.
If the Renter fails to pay the Fee in full after an additional 10-day period, the Renter agrees that the Company or Host may sell the Stored Goods and set the proceeds of the sale against the amount due under these Terms and Conditions. Any shortfall will continue to be owed by the Renter.
If the Company or the Host is unable to sell the Stored Goods within 60 days of the date upon which the outstanding amount became due the Renter agrees that the Company or Host may dispose of the items as the Company or Host sees fit.
8. Cancellations and Refunds
The valid reasons for cancelling include, but are not limited to:
- the Renter losing access to the Storage Space after a booking is confirmed;
- the Storage Space suffering damage that makes it unsuitable to use;
- the Host is found to be in breach of the Cubbiq Terms and Conditions;
- the Renter or Host is unable to proceed with the Booking due to injury, illness or death;
- the Renter or Host is unable to proceed due to exceptional circumstances outside of their control, such as government-mandated obligations (e.g. travel restrictions, lockdown), natural disasters, etc.
The cancellations made due to valid reasons are subject to refunds. To receive a refund when cancelling a Confirmed Booking due to a valid reason, the Renter must:
- Notify Cubbiq about the cancellation via email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours before the Booking Agreement start date;
- Describe the valid reason(s) in the email; and
- Provide any supporting information the Company may request (e.g. photograph or video evidence) to allow the Company to determine whether a refund is due.
9. Cubbiq Protection Guarantee
The Company guarantees to pay an amount in compensation for loss or damage of the property, subject to the limitations, exclusions and conditions contained in this paragraph.
Please read the Cubbiq Protection Guarantee before signing a Booking Agreement to ensure that your actions do not invalidate the Guarantee.
The Users acknowledge and agree that in all cases, the Company decides in its sole discretion whether any claim made under Cubbiq Protection Guarantee meets the conditions imposed by the Guarantee and what exclusions and/or limitations apply and the Company's decision on such matters will be final and binding.
The Users acknowledge and agree that:
- The Company reserves the right to withdraw the Guarantee at any time before a claim is made. No new claims are considered following withdrawal.
- The Guarantee helps to promote the use of our services by encouraging Users to formalise their agreements.
- The Guarantee is a guarantee of responsibility between users. It is not an offer to insure the property and does not constitute a contract of insurance.
- To be eligible for consideration for a Guarantee payment, the User must comply with the following conditions at all material times. If, in the Company’s reasonable opinion, the User is not fully compliant with all the requirements listed in the Terms and Conditions, the Guarantee will be invalid and no payment will be made.
Regardless of which Signatory of the Booking has suffered the loss or damage, both Signatories giving rise to the claim must be private individuals. The Guarantee does not apply if either Signatory is a business or a non-commercial organisation or entity.
The User claiming Guarantee must have suffered loss or damage to property during the period of Booking validity; be over 18 years old and a registered Cubbiq User; be a Signatory to the Booking giving rise to the claim; have sent or received all payments in respect the Booking using the Payment Manager; not have violated any of these Terms and Conditions, and if you are the Host, have a valid insurance policy covering the Listing Address and Storage Space against accidental damage and theft.
The User claiming Guarantee must have provided the Company with a copy of the Booking Agreement signed by the Host and the Renter within seven days of signature. The Guarantee will only apply to contents itemised in the signed Booking Agreement, in respect of which a maximum of 2000 SGD will be paid.
In the case of the Host, the User must be either the owner or mortgagee or contracting tenant of the Listing Address, or in the case of the Renter, the owner of all the goods in respect of which the Guarantee is to be invoked.
The User claiming Guarantee must have used the best efforts to resolve the situation and recover the losses:
- initially, with the other Signatory by mutual agreement;
- where criminal damage is suspected, by contacting the police and, following the criminal investigation outcome, making any claim for compensation to any insurer or other body which becomes available following such investigation;
- by making a claim or claims to the existing insurers.
The User claiming Guarantee must not have received any payment of any amount from any insurer or the other Signatory or any other third party in respect of the loss for which you are claiming.
The User claiming Guarantee must be prepared:
- to disclose their communications with the insurance company to the Company including without limitation correspondence regarding claims made against any insurance policy in respect of the loss or damage claimed;
- to submit a Data Access Request at the User's own cost to fraud prevention agencies or insurance information exchanges and to disclose all information received to us except where we agree that any part of such information is not relevant.
The Company must not have any reason to suspect the User of dishonesty. For the avoidance of doubt, the Guarantee does not apply and the User status gets suspended in case if the Company discovers or reasonably suspects:
- based on information received from any relevant, reputable source that the User is intending or attempting to abuse the Guarantee;
- that that the User has been involved in fraudulent or illegitimate activity related to false insurance claims;
- that any loss or damage which would otherwise be covered by the Guarantee was the result of any illegal or dishonest act.
The User must cooperate fully with all investigations made by the Company in carrying out its investigations and obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
Financial limits of the Guarantee.
Subject to the limitations, exclusions and conditions contained in these Terms and Conditions, the Company pays up to a maximum of 4000 SGD to repair or replace the User's property damaged or destroyed as a result of a Qualifying Loss.
Replacement items are valued at their cash value, which is calculated by deducting the wear and tear from the current market value. The sentimental value of items shall not be relevant to their valuation.
Structural damage to the Storage Space or Listing Address is subject to a limit for all damage caused of 1000 SGD per Structural Damage Incident, and a maximum of 2000 SGD overall.
Process of invoking the Guarantee.
Failure to comply with the deadlines invalidates the Guarantee.
The User must notify the Company via email and request a claim form, which must be completed within seven days of discovering the loss or damage for which they wish to invoke the Guarantee.
The User must supply the Company with all evidence of their identity, address, and loss or damage suffered.
In case of criminal damage, theft or other criminal activity, the User must have notified the police within 48 hours of discovery and before notifying the Company. When notifying the Company the User must provide a criminal reference number.
The User will be asked to complete an online questionnaire to allow the Company to assess compliance with the conditions listed in these Terms and Conditions and assess whether the User's claim is ineligible for consideration.
The Company will contact the User within three working days to inform whether the claim is eligible for consideration.
Thus, the Company can provide one of the following responses:
Invalid Claim, which means that the claim is not covered by the Guarantee;
Pending Claim, which means that the claim is on hold until the steps outlined in the response are taken and pursued to a conclusion, which is usually the case while awaiting the outcome of a claim against insurance or a criminal investigation. In this case, it is the responsibility of the User to communicate with the police and/or insurance company to follow the process of the investigation, criminal proceedings or claim. The User may resubmit the claim once the outcome is apparent;
Eligible Claim, which means that the Company is ready to consider the claim and the User has 30 days from receipt of the response to proceed.
The User who received an Eligible Claim response must submit a full claim within 30 days of that response including:
- A statement signed by the User confirming that the information in the claim is true to the best of your knowledge and belief;
- A complete description of the loss or damage suffered, including dates, nature and cause, and including proof of ownership, date of purchase, physical condition and supporting evidence such as receipts, inventories, as well as the claimed value of any high-value items lost or damaged;
- In case if the User is a Host, evidence of the ownership or tenant status of the premises;
- A statement with full details and dates of actions the User has taken to resolve the matter, including negotiations with the other Signatory, claims for insurance and police reports, and all communications with the foregoing, including responses received;
- A declaration as to whether any insurance policy or security deposit applies. If an existing insurance policy does not apply, the reasons must be given. If it does apply, the evidence must be provided that the claiming process has been initiated and the claim to the Company may then be put on hold.
Once the Company receives the full claim it will evaluate it before deciding as to whether to make a payment under the Guarantee. Except in exceptional circumstances or those beyond its control, the Company will decide within 90 days of receipt of the full claim.
As part of the full claim evaluation, the Company may do any of the following, at its sole discretion:
- Require the User to submit a Data Access Request at the User's own cost to fraud prevention agencies or insurance information exchanges and to disclose the results to the Company;
- Require the Signatories to participate in independent mediation;
- Obtain a valuation of any claimed items from an independent expert;
- Obtain a loss assessment from an independent expert. Such experts may include without limitation lawyers, surveyors and pest controllers.
- Make requests for further information from the other Signatory, insurance companies, the police or other authority, or other relevant parties. As a signatory to a Booking, the User hereby agrees to use their best efforts to facilitate such investigations, including giving the permission for information to be released to the Company where it is reasonably required;
- Conduct interview(s) with either Signatory or with any relevant third party;
- Inspect any damaged items or the remaining Stored Goods or the Storage Space or Storage Premises upon reasonable notice;
- Pay a sum under the Guarantee, or refuse to do so, giving reasons for the decision.
The Guarantee does not cover or apply to:
The Booking in respect of which the Company has not received a Booking Agreement copy signed by both Host and Renter in which all items valued at over 100 SGD are individually listed;
Any loss or damage not reported within 30 days of the end of the storage period of the Booking;
Any loss or damage exceeding the limit set by these Terms and Conditions
Items damaged in transition. By "damaged in transition" the Company means the damage occurring while transporting items to and from the Storage Space.
Damage to Stored Goods, or the premises by Stored Goods, which were not packed safely and securely and/or stored in a way that made it foreseeable that damage could occur.
Damage caused by reasonably foreseeable and preventable events where the Signatory failed to take reasonable measures to prevent or limit the damage.
Damage to Stored Goods or the premises by a third party including but not limited to outside contractors hired by either Signatory, other Renters bookings space with the Host, or other adults or children residing at or visiting the Listing Address;
Single items valued at less than 100 SGD. Such items may become a part of a collective claim for lower-value items;
Currency, money, precious metal, notes or securities; jewellery; works of art or antiques valued at or above 200 SGD; documents which would be costly or difficult to replace like passports, original business contracts, deeds, and certifications or qualification;
Theft of or damage of items valued above 100 SGD in case the Renter cannot provide a Booking Agreement with the item's inventory listing signed by both Signatories plus at least one of the following:
- proof of purchase of that item;
- an email sent or received and dated on or before the date of the Booking containing a photograph or video of the item;
- any other evidence demonstrating proof of ownership;
Theft or malicious or criminal damage to items which is not reported to the police within 48 hours;
Any loss or damage caused by stored Prohibited Item(s). For the avoidance of doubt, the presence of Prohibited Item(s) automatically precludes any Renter's claim against the Guarantee, and may preclude any such claim by the Host where the Company reasonably suspects that the Host was aware of such items being stored, regardless of whether the claimed loss or damage was caused by or related to the presence of such Prohibited Item(s);
Damage caused by Stored Goods to goods owned by the Host. The Guarantee only covers damage to the fixtures, fittings or structure of the premises;
Damage caused by or attributable to ordinary wear and tear;
Any injury to or illness or death of any person arising out of the Booking, or any claim based on the occupier’s liability of the Host. Such events can not be claimed through the Guarantee scheme;
The loss or damage caused directly or indirectly by an event of Force Majeure including without limitation by earthquake, storm, adverse weather conditions or natural physical disasters, power failures, epidemics, pandemics, labour disputes, riot or civil disorder, war, acts of terrorism, or acts of God;
The loss or damage which came as a result of the theft or misuse of identity or personal data;
Non-payment of any part of the price by the Renter to the Company and in turn to the Host. The Company would repay the Host in such circumstances and reclaim any unpaid funds from the Renter. This offer is not a part of the Guarantee scheme;
Indirect losses of any kind, including without limitation loss of profit, goodwill, or business.
Guarantee Modifications and Cancellation.
The Company has the right to modify or cancel the Guarantee at any time at its sole discretion.
In case the Company modifies the Guarantee, the Site will display a notification and the User's continued use of the Site or Services indicates their acceptance of the modification.
The Company will also update the "Last Updated Date" at the top of these Terms.
If the modified Guarantee is not acceptable to the User, the only recourse is to stop using the Site and Services.
10. Liability and Indemnification
The Company's liability for matters concerning the liability by law cannot be excluded or limited shall not be excluded or limited and the rest of these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to this proviso.
The Company provides the Services and access to the Site on an availability basis. All conditions, terms, representations and warranties that are not expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions, whether oral or in writing or whether imposed by statute or otherwise are hereby excluded.
The Company provides no warranties, conditions, guarantees or representations related to the Site or Services:
- as to the completeness or accuracy of any information existing, sent or received from the Site or any Site to which it is linked;
- as to any result or outcome of using the Site or Services, or that they might meet your requirements;
- as to whether the Site or Services are error- or virus-free or free of other harmful components or that your use of the Site will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free.
All Bookings are carried out entirely at your own risk. The Company and its employees, directors, investors exclude to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law all liability for any damages, losses, costs, expenses, claims and demands arising from or connected with Booking or any other arrangements that User(s) may have made in connection with this Site, or the User’s use of the Site.
The User relies on information provided by other Users at their own risk. The Company will try its best to vet Host and Renter through the use of background checks and Host inspections (either in person or via video conference). With that, the Company cannot control, endorse, approve or check the availability, condition or nature of advertised Storage Space or the accuracy, truth or completeness of the information provided by Users.
It is the User's responsibility to check the accuracy of the information and to take any other necessary precautions before arranging or carrying out a Booking.
The User should use caution and common sense when using the Site.
The User engages in the Booking arrangement at their own risk. The Company does not accept liability for any loss, expense, claim or damage of any nature arising directly or indirectly out of the User's use of the Booking Agreement.
The Users should keep in mind that the Booking Agreement should be used as a guide only and the Company offers no guarantees, warranties, representations as to their accuracy or appropriateness, fitness for a particular purpose, freedom from error, or that they will meet the individual needs of any User.
The User agrees to indemnify the Company from and against any liabilities, claims, damages, expenses and losses, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, linked directly or indirectly with the User's breach of any of the obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
11. Information provided by the Host
By uploading any information or material to the Site, the User automatically grants the Company a royalty-free, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, edit, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such material (in whole or part).
The User acknowledges that the Company is not obliged to publish any material submitted by the User.
The User must not upload any information or content which:
- Is false, inaccurate or misleading;
- Breaches any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
- Is offensive, menacing, abusive, defamatory, harassing, racist, sexist, homophobic or obscene;
- Breaches any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights;
- Violates the privacy or other personal rights of others, causes a nuisance, inconvenience or anxiety to any person, or impersonates another person;
- Contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, bots, spiders, crawlers or any other pieces of code that may damage, modify, delete, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, access without authority or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
- Creates liability for the Company.
The posting may be disabled or removed at Company's discretion for reasons including but not limited to:
- Feedback from other User(s) about the accuracy of the listing
- Offers to store any Prohibited Items
- Empty or an unhelpful description
- Unrealistic pricing
- False information
- Illegal or inappropriate use
- Intent to avoid paying the correct Fee
- Any issues relating to the payment of fees
The Company may, in its sole discretion, suspend or terminate the User's account if the Company suspect that the User has engaged in fraudulent, illegal or inappropriate activity, or activity breaching these Terms and Conditions, in connection with the Site and the Service.
12. Other Users' Information use
The Company allows limited access to other Users' contact information solely with the aim of providing the services. The User agrees to not disclose personally identifiable information of other Users to any third party without first obtaining the Company's consent and the consent of the other User.
The User agrees to reply to messages as soon as possible and ideally within 48 hours of receipt.
The User agrees to use the other User's information only for the following:
- For Site-related communications related to the Booking;
- In the course of using services offered through the Site, or for complaints;
- Under applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation data protection and privacy laws
The Company does not tolerate spam or unsolicited commercial communications and Users shall not make unsolicited contact with other Users of the Site except as envisaged by these Terms and Conditions.
The Company has the right to monitor messages sent via the Site for research or identifying any breach of these Terms and Conditions.
The Company is committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of the Users.
With that the Company may collect and processes the User's personal information which is reasonably necessary:
- to receive information about the Services provided;
- to assist User in receiving the best Service possible;
- to respond to the User's storage Booking or other requests or inquiries;
- for marketing purposes or to send marketing materials about the Company's Services;
We Company may collect and process the following information:
- the information the User provides on the Site including but not limited to the name, phone number, e-mail address, postal address, exact location, financial and credit card information, personal description, and photograph.
- the information the Company collects about you during each Site visit including but not limited to technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address, login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
The Company uses and discloses the personal information about the User for the purpose for which it was disclosed to the Company. For example, the Company may use personal information:
- to recommend or provide the User with storage options;
- to carry out account management, planning, product development, research and analysis;
- to make offers regarding new Services;
- to customise and improve the Site experience.
The Company may disclose the User's personal information:
- to any third party, where the User has provided consent to do so;
- to selected direct marketing providers or research companies;
- to third parties acting on behalf of the Company to carry out business activities;
- where the Company is authorised to do so by law;
The User has the right to request the Company not to use their personal information for marketing purposes. To exercise this right and prevent such processing the User needs to check certain boxes on the forms the Company uses to collect the data or by contacting the Company at email@example.com.
The Company has the right to limit the User's activity on the Site, immediately issue a warning, suspend or terminate the User's registration or any of the listed Storage Spaces without providing notice to the User for any of the following reasons:
- the User violates the Terms and Conditions;
- the Company is unable to verify or authenticate the User Information provided;
- the Company believe that the User’s activities cause the Site legal liability or financial loss
- the Company in its sole discretion believes that such actions are in the best interest of the Company and other Users.
15. Booking Agreement termination
The Renter agrees to remove all Stored Goods from the Storage Space at the Host’s property within 24 hours of the Booking period end, the final date for which the Fee has been paid, or the Booking Agreement termination, as applicable.
The Renter agrees that if failing to remove Stored Goods under these Terms and Conditions, the Host and/or the Company is entitled to give six weeks’ notice to the Renter, to remove, destroy or sell the Stored Goods.
The Company will charge the payment for the six weeks. The Stored Goods will be removed, destroyed or sold without further notice if payment is not received by the end of the notice period.
Host agrees to receive a six week notice before being entitled to take the actions described above if the Renter does not collect their items or extends the Booking Agreement.
The Host agrees to give a further period of two weeks (eight weeks’ notice in total) before taking any above described actions if receiving a notice about the death of the Renter during the Storage Period.
The Host agrees that in the event of their death their heirs and/or executors will provide at least two weeks’ notice to the Renter.
16. Intellectual property
The Site and all intellectual property belonging to the Company, including the trademark or trade name, logos and software, and the Site content (including text, graphics, videos, music, sound, links, and software) is and remains at all times the property of the Company and/or is used under licence from the suppliers.
Such intellectual property is protected under international treaty provisions and worldwide copyright laws.
One may not copy, redistribute, reproduce, download, transmit, republish, display, alter, adapt, or re-utilise any content in any way or on any medium (including other sites) without our prior written consent.
The Company’s logo and any other image on the Site which bears the Company’s name are trademarks of the Company. They can not be used without our prior written consent.
All information and content uploaded or sent by any means to the Site, the Company or other Users must not violate any third party’s intellectual property or any other legal rights.
The Users should have their own or have permission from the owners to use any content they upload or send on the Site.
By uploading or sending information or content to or via the Site, the Users grant the Company a royalty-free, sub-licensable, non-exclusive licence to edit, reproduce, transmit and publish the information or content as long as it doesn't go against these Terms and Conditions.
17. Third Party Rights
The Terms and Conditions as well as the documents referred to in it are created for the benefit of the parties and their successors only.
They are not intended to benefit or be enforceable by anyone else.
18. Children Policy
The Site is not designed or intended to be used by children under the age of 18. The Company does not provide the Services to children under the age of 18.
The Company does not intentionally gather personal information from visitors who are under the age of 18. If the User is under the age of 18, they are not permitted to submit any personal information to the Company.
19. General Policy
The User's account should stay active as long as they are taking part in a Booking. Once all active bookings end and none are going to be renewed, the User is then able to disable the account.
These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement and understanding between the parties and supersede any previous agreement or understanding between the parties concerning all matters referred to in them.
The failure to enforce any provision of these Terms and Conditions by either party at any time shall not be regarded as a waiver of such provision and shall not affect the right to enforce such provision.
The parties can not assign, subcontract, transfer or deal in any other manner with any of its rights and obligations under this contract without the prior written consent of the other party and have to carry out the obligations in person under these Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions as well as all documents referred to in them are governed by and construed under the law of Singapore. The parties hereby agree that the courts of Singapore have jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions and the documents referred to in them.
The Site may store information about the User's cookies (files sent by us to the User's computer or other access devices) which the Site can access when the Users visits the Site in future. The Company does this to track the pages visited by the User.
The only personal details a cookie can contain is information the User supplies him/herself.
21. Further Queries
If you have any questions or queries regarding any of the Services featured on the Site please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.